[cc-community] getting the best from both worlds?

Bjorn Wijers mailings at bdisfunctional.net
Thu Apr 7 07:05:25 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I have a question regarding coillecting societies and CC licenses.

My question is that the Dutch collecting society (BUMA STEMRA) does not
allow one to be a member of the collecting society and at the same time
use CC licenses for ones music. This is a huge problem, for a multitude
of Dutch artitst that do want to have a choice and sometimes are already
a member of such a collecting society.

My question is: Can one bring out their own music under a pseudonym to
be able to use CC licenses OR use the collecting societies fullscale
copyright?

grtz
BjornW
simuze.nl