[cc-community] Announce: Free Content Fiction Site

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Sun Jul 4 15:48:38 EDT 2004

bindej at rpi.edu said:
> Hello,
>
> I'm starting a Web site, indyfiction.org, for quality online fiction
> published under Creative Commons licenses.
>
> The goal is to give stories more widespread exposure than those posted
> to a personal site or blog.  A single site with stories from many
> authors can (I hope) make more of an impact than a site with only a
> few stories from a single author.

> A prototype of the site (which may be used as the final version) is up
> and running on a modified version of Scoop (the software behind
> kuro5hin.org).  The software's critique/voting system will be used to
> determine what stories eventually get published.

> So, if you're a fiction writer, or a reader who can do critiques, and
> you're interested in this site, check it out.  If it doesn't work out,
> you can always put your stories somewhere else.  And if it does, well,
> you'll get some good exposure, and a low user number :) .

A quick perusal looked good. I think the "Submit Story" might do well to
have entries specifically for Attribution requirements. You have one for
the title, but I didn't see one for author's name or URL.

Since the FAQ is empty, what exactly do you mean by "the voting system
will be used to determine which stories get published"? You mean published
in paper form? Are you using POD publishing like www.lulu.com? a magazine?
a comercial publisher?

I have a short I was thinking of licensing CC-NC, but I'm not too attached.
CC-SA would probably work too. You can check out some
samples here: http://www.greglondon.com/hunger/index.html