[cc-community] Announce: Free Content Fiction Site

bindej at rpi.edu bindej at rpi.edu
Sat Jul 3 23:31:12 EDT 2004

Evan Prodromou writes:
 > On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 18:22, bindej at rpi.edu wrote:
 >
 > > Before I start publicizing the site, I'd like to get it going a little
 > > more, with participation from other writers besides myself.
 >
 > Have you considered seeding the site with works from, say, Common
 > Content?
 >
 >         http://commoncontent.org/
 >
 > Or from the Internet Archive's text and books section?
 >
 >         http://www.archive.org/texts/
 >
 > I mean, I know you're trying to build something more community-oriented,
 > but content and community kinda go hand-in-hand.

I'm considering this.  The problem is, I'm not trying to duplicate the
efforts of these sites, and providing works that are already available
at more comprehensive sites won't really bring people to my site.

On the other hand, my site could provide more of a discussion area for
the stories.

Thanks for your suggestion.