[bittorrent] Client drops connection after Bitfield Message

Adrian Ulrich torrent at blinkenlights.ch
Tue May 17 02:06:04 EDT 2011

Hi André

> I'm using wireshark to see the messages and it shows
> the messages  grouped.
> (If someone could explain to me, I'll appreciate. print screen

They are 'grouped' because they share the same ethernet frame.
Transmission has nothing to do with this.

> http://i52.tinypic.com/b67dah.jpg)

This would be much easier to read if you didn't blank out interesting information:
 -> Who is who?
 -> Who sent #595 and #597 and what's in it?

> After that, it drops the connection. I tried send other messages( keep
> alive, interested ) os just sit, wait some time e test the socket, but
> nothing works.

How many seconds does it take until Transmission drops the connection?
Maybe transmission blacklisted your IP because you were re-connecting too-fast during testing?

> Is there a sequence to be followed?

Yes:

 -> Send handshake
 -> Send EProto handshake (if supported by your client)
 -> Send bitfield if present/known
    (it would be unknown if you are downloading the metadata via ut_metadata)

Regards,
 Adrian

--
 RFC 1925:
   (11) Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and