[bittorrent] BitTorrent - Open or Public?

dpmott at sep.com dpmott at sep.com
Fri Jun 17 17:43:52 EDT 2011

> Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:10:41 -0400
> From: apropos at lavabit.com
> Subject: Re: [bittorrent] BitTorrent - Open or Public?
>
> And, have you got discouraged at any time? I believe BitTorrent could do
> its part to promote good software/protocol engineering with better
> documentation.

I think a lot of people did.  I did.  That's why some of us put together a
page over here, to clarify all of the gaps, inconsistencies, and ambiguity
that existed in the early documentation:

http://wiki.theory.org/BitTorrentSpecification

I'm glad to see that it's still available to people.  Whereas the official
bittorrent docs are the specification, that page serves to document what
the developers are actually doing in their client.

-dpmott