[bittorrent] Help or feature request

András Mocsáry amocsy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 05:18:19 EDT 2010

Hello, and thanks for all the answers.
Let me summarize, and see If I understood it all correctly:

We do have a project which involves whole file inserts more often than file
changes, but we do change each file sooner or later.

We can not really rename the files, since third party code finds them by
their name, and the whole point is to keep them up-to-date.

About chunks however, even if chunks would be part of multiple files (as I
understood Joseph Ashwood's comment), there would still be usefull chunks,
if we use the padding files technique mentioned by arvid at cs.umu.se. That
would make chunks 'fall not so naturally' since they would be 'aligned to a
piece boundary' (whatever that means).

---
András Mocsáry

ps: RSS and other seeds seem to be a good idea, I'll think about it some
more.