[bittorrent] Help or feature request

Joseph Ashwood ashwood at msn.com
Sun Oct 3 20:00:33 EDT 2010

From: "András Mocsáry" <amocsy at gmail.com>
Subject: [bittorrent] Help or feature request

> I want to ask help, about wheter or not the thing I describe below is
> awailable, and if not, then pelase treat it as a proposal.

I don't think the bittorrent structure is well designed for that particular
purpose, just the way the blocks will naturally fall (multiple files per
chunk, file ends spread across chunks, adding a CRLF in the first file means
retransferring the entire fileset), the complexities of handling the
torrent, etc it really wouldn't make sense. The closest would be to use RSS
with torrents, but that still has the the big problems.

The other available p2p options I immediately thought of aren't much
immediate help either.

That's not to say there isn't a solution, just that I can't think of a
disclosable p2p system that offers what you need easily.
                    Joe