[bittorrent] bittorrent peers behind nat

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 19:27:52 EDT 2010

On 06/26/2010 03:27 PM, Andrew Brampton was caught red-handed while writing::
> That looks like a SVN repo, so just:
>
> svn checkout https://libtorrent.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/libtorrent/branches/encryption/
>
> and it will download all the files.
>
> Andrew
>
> On 26 June 2010 23:25, JD<jd1008 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>

>> On 06/26/2010 10:28 AM, arvid at cs.umu.se was caught red-handed while
>> writing::
>>>
>>> There's a branch of libtorrent (http://libtorrent.org) which implements
>>> uTP and
>>> the bittorrent NAT holepunch extension.
>>>
>>> The holepunch extension is quite simple and relies on the two NATed peers
>>> share one peer (which typically would have to be externally accessible)
>>> which
>>> will help them connect to each other by synchronizing connect attempts.
>>>
>>> If you want to check it out, this is the branch:
>>>

>>> https://libtorrent.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/libtorrent/branches/libtorrent_utp
>>>
>>> --
>>> Arvid Norberg
>>>
>>> Quoting giovanni.distasi at unina.it:

>> I also see the Encryption branch:
>> https://libtorrent.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/libtorrent/branches/encryption
>> which I am interested in.
>> How do I download the tarball for it, instead of file by file?
>> Or how about cvs or svn?

I downloaded the svn and ran autoconf. Got errors:

$ autoconf
configure.in:4: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
       See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:25: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.in:140: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL

It did create configure. So I ran configure:

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-logging=none --with-dht=on --with-zlib=system
./configure: line 1885: syntax error near unexpected token `libtorrent,'
./configure: line 1885: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(libtorrent, 0.13)'

It did not create the Makefile.
config.log attached.