[bittorrent] UT peer connections

Jon Bellamy y2jb at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 10:22:22 EST 2010

So if i connect and handshake with a UTorrent peer then send an
INTERESTED message but we both keep each other choked (ie no
REQUEST or PIECE msgs), i should always expect to be disconnected
after 5 minutes or so?

If thats the case then its just bizarre, what about peers that are
waiting on an optimistic unchoke to get going? In this case UTorrent
is either not going to let those peers wait to be unchoked or its
going to force them to make a new connection every 5 minutes.

What approach would people suggest taking here, just reconnect
periodically?

Cheers