[bittorrent] How should .torrent files with unsorted info dictionary keys be handled

Harold Feit dwknight at depthstrike.com
Thu Jan 21 06:38:35 EST 2010

Dictionaries are for sorted content normally anyway. Lists are for
unsorted. Having dictionary keys be unsorted, especially now with over 5
years into the game of having them sorted, is quite troublesome.

And honestly, out of the top client list, very few are as lax as
KTorrent about bencoding spec compliance. In fact, it's the only client
I know of that outright ignores key order. Everybody else is at least
semi-strict about it.

And honestly, do we need another THOUSAND torrents all identifying the
same file because of unordered dictionaries? There's enough trouble
dealing with swarm fracturing as it is. This is just going to make
things a LOT worse.