[bittorrent] Dht Local Node Id

Adrian Ulrich torrent at blinkenlights.ch
Fri Jan 8 14:06:04 EST 2010

> Does anyone knwo the answer to the question below?

> I currently save my routing table everytime my dht client is shutdown, however i regenerate my local dht node id (to a random 160 bit id)
> everytime the client starts up. Should i also save my local node id?

No, it doesn't matter. (There might be some benefit if the user has a static IP)

But why do you save the complete routing table? It will be outdated after a few hours anyway.
Just save some random good nodes, use them to boot (if all of them fail -> use router.utorrent.com / router.bitflu.org) and
re-build the routing table.

Regards,
 Adrian