[bittorrent] NauBTilus - secure and survivable BitTorrent-based system with data updates

BeCe boski_cinek at o2.pl
Fri Sep 4 04:13:47 EDT 2009

Hi,
As I informed couple of months ago, I was working on BitTorrent-based
distribution system. Now, when my thesis is ready I would like to share
the results, in form of article, with those who are interested.
Unfortunately the article is not yet finished (it's very late draft) and
not yet officially published, so I can't make it publicly available (at
least not yet). For this reason, anyone who would like to read it,
please send me request (through my e-mail) and I will send you the
article. Additionally, if you happen to be academic, I'd be thankful for
(even short) review, because I'm participating in the contest for best
Polish master thesis in the computer science area. Nonetheless all kind
of feedback is very welcome (including critical one).

Abstract of article:
"We present NauBTilus, a new BitTtorrent-based distribution system,
which  enables to survive Distributed Denial Of Service (DDoS) attacks
and provides mechanism for securing data updates. In NauBTilus we use
proven in practice BitTorrent foundations to create a new network that
would serve a quite different purpose. In the design process we
eliminated some of original BT flaws, like need to have constantly
available tracker. We show how NauBTilus can be used to handle attacks,
failures and how the update mechanism can be use to rejoin possible
disconnected subswarms (which could happen with longer tracker
downtime). We also exploit the idea of taking tools used in botnets in
order to help defend network from their attacks."

--
Best regards,
Marcin Biernat