[bittorrent] partial download

nascent mind nascent.mind at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 01:55:29 EST 2009

Song,
        The handshake occurs right after a tcp connection is established.
You should not send handshake every time you want to communicate. Its just a
greeting when you first meet somebody. You don't greet everytime you want to
talk right?
Also what's the reason for leaving once you got file a or file b? You can
still allow it to seed isn't it? Also for partial download you just need to
send request packets for only the pieces you want. You can iterate over the
have bitfield to see who has got these packets and send interest and request
packets to them.