[bittorrent] large swarms

Matt Pearson mjp64 at cornell.edu
Mon May 11 15:06:20 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 14:31, Peng Wang <pengvvang at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am doing some testing of the effectiveness of PEX and distributed tracker.
> For that I need several large and LEGAL swarms. Anybody knows where I can
> find those swarms besides Linux distros?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Blizzard uses BitTorrent for WoW updates and other large files (like
StarCraft 2 videos). They use their own custom client, but it's pretty
easy to extract the torrent file (there are some websites that will do
it for you) from the executable. Their tracker didn't seem to support
scraping last I checked, so I don't know how many peers there actually
are, but with the number of people playing WoW...

Good luck,
Matt