[bittorrent] Fwd: Tracker response

André Martins andmart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:22:18 EDT 2009

2009/6/11 Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek at gmail.com>:
> 2009/6/11 André Martins <andmart at gmail.com>:
>> In thepiratebay.org, I searched for a torrent with many  seeders and
>> leechers for testing my client. And  I'm using this torrent:
>>
>> https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4944727/Delicious_Sandwich_Recepies_-_379_Of_The_World_Greatest_Deliciou
>>
>> One thing I realised now it's maybe I'm not sending the correct hash.
>> This torrent has only one file but the pieces entry's length has 300.
>> So when I try(in python)
>>
>> info_hash = urllib.quote( info['pieces'][:20])
>>
>> maybe I'm getting a wrong hash.
>
> Use an existing client and verify it...

I already did that. I Tried with utorrent, but when you add a torrent,
it has three ways for discover peers:
Local peer Discovery, DHT and Peers Exchange. I disabled the 2 firts
methods Peers Exchang - imagining  that it means find peers through
trackers, but even so it can find peers.

--
[]'s
André Martins