[bittorrent] (Somewhat offtopic) pool.ntp.org-like tracker ?

Harold Feit dwknight at depthstrike.com
Mon Jun 8 16:07:11 EDT 2009

I had that sort of a system running for a few years actually. My
original network has fallen down to just one system, but a secondary
network is being used for openoffice torrents.

I just used multitracker instead of round-robin DNS because some systems
in my cluster were more capable of handling load than others and the
multitracker protocol allows for stronger systems to catch the load from
weaker ones automatically. Additionally, failover in case of a tracker
being down happens without intervention from outside scripting for the
most part.

If you're using multiple systems with different load capabilities,
you're probably better off with the multitracker solution.

- Harold