[bittorrent] (Somewhat offtopic) pool.ntp.org-like tracker ?

Adrian Ulrich torrent at blinkenlights.ch
Mon Jun 8 13:43:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

A few months ago i installed opentracker on my server to test/debug
my udp-tracker-client code. I didn't (and don't) care much about it and let
it run as an open tracker.

Short story: It has gained enough popularity to make my DSL-Line unstable [1]. d'oh..

Well, i could just point the A-Record to some TPB servers but wouldn't it be
cooler to do something like pool.ntp.org ?

We would just need a few servers with static IPs, setup opentracker syncing
and some scripts to auto-update the A-Records if one of them fails.
This could result in a robust tracker distributed across multiple countries/networks.

Would someone like to join? :-)

Regards,
 Adrian

1: some rrd graphs: