[bittorrent] Maximum number of torrents seeding using btlaunchmany?

Benjamin Welton benjamin.r.welton at wmich.edu
Thu Jun 4 01:16:23 EDT 2009

Hey all,

    Im not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question
(so if it isnt forgive me) but i am wondering what the maximum number of
torrents that can be safely seeded using the btlaunchmany.py script? Are
we talking thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions, or "unlimited"? I
am looking at integrating this script in an automated file generation
process to serve up torrents automatically and id like to know if im
going to run into issues after a while by using it (after looking at the
source the fact that it uses python threads concerns me that maybe after
a few thousand files are being served that issues would arise due to the
threads fighting over the Python GIL).

Thanks,
Benjamin Welton