[bittorrent] Q. regarding moving a static IP tracker to a new host

Harold Feit dwknight at depthstrike.com
Wed Jun 18 16:53:07 EDT 2008

If ALL the torrents are running with the announce url based on the
hostname and not on the IP address, the transition time will be
approximately 48 hours (the propagation time on DNS entries). Effects
will be near-nonexistent if you use a tracker package that is capable of
linking.

IP-address based torrents will likely have a harder time due to the
change because there's NO way to redirect an IP.