[bittorrent] Q. regarding moving a static IP tracker to a new host

Taylor, Chris Chris.Taylor at vgames.com
Wed Jun 18 16:33:48 EDT 2008

Hi,
We've been running a tracker with a few seeded torrents for a while now,
but I need to move the tracker to a new IP address and hostname. I have
the new one set up and seeding the same torrents, but what are the
implications of shutting down the old tracker, pointing DNS to my new
tracker, and "redirecting" all the clients to the new server (with the
original resolvable hostname)? Thanks

Chris Taylor

Vivendi Games- http://www.vivendigames.com :
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material
of Vivendi Games which is for the exclusive use of the individual
designated above as the recipient. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or  taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please contact immediately the sender by returning
e-mail and delete the material from any computer. If you are not the
specified recipient, you are hereby notified that all disclosure,
reproduction, distribution or action taken on the basis of this message
is prohibited.