[bittorrent] Universal DBus API for torrent backends

Alan McGovern alan.mcgovern at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:30:18 EDT 2008

>  A standardized dbus API, would mean that
> the applet could use any client supporting the API, and could thus be
> useful for other linux clients.

This is exactly the kind of thing i'd love to be able to support.

So I'm definetely for it. What kind of functionality do you intend to
> support ?

The aim is that you can do everything via DBus that you'd expect to be able
to do by directly interacting with the library itself. It will also be
extensible, so a specific library can implement a new feature and expose it.
However, this needs to be centralised so all library implementors can see
what extensions are implemented by other developers. It also makes it easy
for people consuming the DBus API to know what they should check for.

So, if you're interested in helping develop this, gimme a shout and we can
sort some stuff out.

Alan.