[bittorrent] Bittorrent docs?

xbmuncher xboxmuncher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 23:59:38 EDT 2008

I appreciate the pointers. :)

I went to rasterbar website and read the tuts on setting up libtorrent with
boost as it says thats the only way to do it to work for python. I don't
even have a c++ compiler on my computer. It is a pain to setup. :( I tried
setting it up anyways.. didn't happen, some errors in the build.bat stopped
my progress. Tell me, when I done using bjam, boost, c++ compilers, and
other things involved in the setup process, what I am left with? Is it just
a simple directory of .py files that comprise the "libtorrent module for
python." That's all I'm looking for in the environment I plan on using it
in. I don't think I can use anything like DLLs if that is neccessary for me
to be able to use the library in a python program. If it is just a set of
.py files, perhaps there is another way(you) I can get them on PC so I can
start using it rather than the complicated bjam, boost, c++ compiler method.