[bittorrent] Web seeding

ntorrent.20.draza at spamgourmet.com ntorrent.20.draza at spamgourmet.com
Wed Oct 31 04:53:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

does anyone know which Web seeding spec should one follow when implementing this feature? According to what I found on the Internets ;) there are two proposals, one older by the author of BitTornado and one newer by the author of GetRight.

IIUC, the newer (GetRight) spec is better because it relies on the underlying features of the HTTP as a protocol, so you don't need anything but a plain ol' HTTP server, while the older one relies on the presence of the dynamic pages on the server where the host language (PHP, ASP, Ruby, Perl, Python) would interpret query string and send back pieces of the file(s) back.

Did I get this right? (no pun intended)

Which clients do you know implement Web seeding? I know uTorrent should have full support soon, and supposedly libtorrent and BitComet have it too (all support GetRight spec), while Azureus should support both specs?

Regards,

Drazen