[bittorrent] Advertising Piecesize + Request Queue (= outstanding 0x07 messages)

Josef Drexler josef at ttdpatch.net
Tue Nov 20 18:07:45 EST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007, at 10:33 PM, Adrian Ulrich wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is an extension to get the maximal
> supported piecesize / queue-length from a connected peer?
> If no such extension exists: how about creating a new eproto
> message? :-)

Nothing for piecesize, but maximum request queue length can be
communicated via the "reqq" item in the extension handshake,
according to http://www.rasterbar.com/products/libtorrent/
extension_protocol.html

I don't see any real advantage to changing piece size from 16 KB. The
few bytes you save by not needing as many requests aren't really
worth the trouble, I think.

--
Josef Drexler
josef at ttdpatch.net