[bittorrent] BitTorrent monitoring and logging

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Jun 21 13:56:34 EDT 2007

Philippe Shink wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing some research and I'm looking for some software running on
> either linux or winxp that can monitor and log download and upload
> speeds for BitTorrent (a bit torrent client for linux that does this
> well would be particularly useful).

See: http://www-sop.inria.fr/planete/Arnaud.Legout/Projects/p2p_cd.html
aka "The Peer-to-Peer Content Delivery (P2P-CD) Project" which has a
instrumented Bittorrent client which thus allows monitoring all values.

> I also looking for software that can monitor the same stuff for FTP
> and HTTP connections (or one app that could handle BT, FTP, and HTTP
> monitoring and logging).

Depends on what part and what exactly you want to measure and at which point
in a network or on a single host and a lot more.

Greets,
 Jeroen