[bittorrent] Bittorrent Simulation / Emulation

Kolja Eger eger at tuhh.de
Mon Dec 3 04:34:19 EST 2007

Hi Breno,

we implemented BitTorrent like networks for ns2. Thereby, we realized
and compared a packet-level and a flow-level approach.

Source code is available at
http://www.tu-harburg.de/et6/research/bittorrentsim/index.html

The paper K. Eger, T. Hossfeld, A. Binzenhoefer, G. Kunzmann,
*"Efficient Simulation of Large-Scale P2P Networks: Packet-level vs.
Flow-level Simulations"*, 2nd Workshop on the Use of P2P, GRID and
Agents for the Development of Content Networks (UPGRADE-CN'07)
summarizes our experiences. It is available at the same webpage.

Regards,

Kolja

Breno Jacinto wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     Does anyone knows any Bittorrent Simulation or Emulation study? I
> could find some, but none of them is open source or there wasnt even
> any information necessary to reproduce the experiments.
>
>     BTW, is anyone using the NCTUns (
> http://nsl.csie.nctu.edu.tw/nctuns.html) for emulating networks? It
> supports emulating a network and the running real applications on it,
> such as BitTorrent.
>
> regards,
>
> - Breno

Dipl.-Ing. Kolja Eger