[bittorrent] Endgame mode

Alan McGovern alan.mcgovern at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 00:40:04 EDT 2007

I was thinking, the best condition for entering endgame mode would be when
there are zero blocks free to be requested. There's no point in having a
fixed limit like '20 pieces remaining'. I want to reword that section to
indicate that 'zero pieces remaining' is the preferred indicator of when to
enter endgame.

The reason is that suppose you have 50 open connections downloading the last
50 pieces, 40 of those peers could be really slow with 10 being fast, so
there's no point in those 10 peers waiting around until 20 slow peers finish
so the threshold of '20 pieces remaining' is reached. This is counter
productive.