[bittorrent] DHT specifications - info about leechers

Anand B anand_bheemaraju at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 22:51:59 EDT 2007

the bittorrent protocol doesn't mention how leechers are to be punished exactly. Where can i find the exact information as to how leechers are exactly punished in a tracker based systems.

thanks again

regards,
Anand B

Harold Feit <dwknight at depthstrike.com> wrote: You're assuming that the tracker even has that level of influence in the
BitTorrent protocol at all. It does not.

A tracker has no control over the speeds an individual peer gets in
either direction. It just decides which peers an individual peer will
attempt to connect to this announce. It is the connected peers that
control speeds.