[bittorrent] DHT specifications - info about leechers

Anand B anand_bheemaraju at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 13:49:06 EDT 2007

no, i am talking of identifying leechers - http://isp.webopedia.com/TERM/L/leech.html

in tracker based systems, tracker will limit the download which the leecher might get the next time he connects to the tracker to download some other file by sending him limited number of peer list or in some other way. but i couldn't find any such way of identifying leechers in dht based trackerless torrent systems and punishing them accordingly.

Harold Feit <dwknight at depthstrike.com> wrote: Perhaps
http://bittorrent.org/Draft_DHT_protocol.html#get_peers
is what you're looking for.