[bittorrent] IO bound

Adrian Ulrich torrent at blinkenlights.ch
Fri Apr 13 10:41:09 EDT 2007

> Sorry, yes. I meant AllowedFast. And it does affect chunk selection ;)

True, it does.
Didn't think too much about it because in my client
allowed-fast just creates an internal 'fake-bitfield' for this peer.
The selection itself doesn't really change/know about this.

> In other words, download the suggested piece unless you have a good reason
> not to. Thats the way i've treated the message, and it makes the most sense
> to me.

ACK. But to me 'i do not care' is also a good reason ;-)

So let's summarise:

 - Use fake-bitfields if you need to enforce selection
   (Having IO-Problems would fit into this)

 - Use SuggestPiece if you trust your peers / do not
   need to enforce piece selection.

--
 RFC 1925:
   (11) Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and