[bittorrent] 8-bytes transaction id

Alan McGovern alan.mcgovern at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 03:44:02 EDT 2007

You should not reply to nodes which send invalid transaction ID's. Any node
which does *not* send back the transaction ID you sent it exactly as you
sent it should be dropped.

It's not "not-so-standard", it's just wrong.

There was a thead about this a while ago which tried to clarify exactly how
the transaction ID's and tokens should be encoded. Check that out.

Alan.