[bittorrent] Encryption, Azureus Extended Messaging and reserved bits...

Alan McGovern alan.mcgovern at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 07:35:32 EDT 2006

Ok...

if anyone wants to take a quick look at the wiki towards the end to see what
i've done and comment on it that'd be great. I've listed the Official
extensions (all three of em) and the unofficial ones that i know of. The
Azureus Extended Messaging protocol seems to be depreciated so i didn't list
it there.

The table lists the each bit that i know has a use, what it's used for, and
what client uses it (for the purpose it should be used for). To start off
with, i left everything as blanks. I'll do some emailing and googling later
to find out which clients support which features and whether they use the
correct bit or not.

Everyone here should update it with more information (if they know of any
more).

Thanks,
Alan.