[bittorrent] Proposed Extension to Peer Protocol

Alan McGovern alan.mcgovern at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 09:15:08 EST 2006

Well, i suppose i could, but i wouldn't consider myself able to hack
together debugging code for those kind of specific situations in java, c,
c++ or vb.

There are legit cases where these messages would prove useful in real-world
usage. Suppose i send a peer piece 16 of a torrent, and it turns out to be
corrupt on their end. Wouldn't it be nice if that peer sent a message back
to me saying that the piece was corrupt? Then i could run my own hashcheck
on it and (optionally) resend it (assuming the peer sends a new request for
it to me).

Alan.