[bittorrent] One connection for download and upload?

Yao-Chin Wu yaochinwu at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 11:22:41 EST 2006

Dear all,

    I am a college student and doing a project related to P2P structure. Bittorrent is a excellent resource for us, and we are trying to understand its code as much as possible.

    Accroding to the Bittorrent client implemented by Bram Cohen, it looks like using only one connection when peer A is downloading a piece from peer B and peer B also wants to download a piece from peer A ( one connection for downloading and uploading also). Is that correct? Is there other implementatioins using seperated connections for this situation? Which one may be better? Thank you for your help!

Bset Regards,

Yao-Chin