[bittorrent] accessing tracker info locally (not via scrape)

etienne deleflie et at lalila.net
Mon May 8 06:09:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

excuse me for the newbie question ....

I've got a tracker running on my server, and a podcast with torrent
enclosures .... I just want to publish, within the podcast, the number
of complete downloads to date for that particular torrent .... (I dont
want to use HTTP GET scrape thing .. shouldn't be necessary, the podcast
is being published from the same server as the podcast).

is there a python call I can use that will hook me in directly to the
tracker?  .... cant seem to find any doco on this.

Etienne