[bittorrent] Not directly on topic, but I believe valuable

David P. Mott dpmott at sep.com
Sun Mar 12 15:48:57 EST 2006

> I'm currently looking for two things:
>    1)A managed dedicated webhosting location that supports BitTorrent
>    2)Java based implementations of BitTorrent peers (closed-source friendly
> license)
>
> I know Hurricane Electric can do 1, and Aelitis does 2, but I'd like to have
> more options. While this is not strictly on-topic, knowledge of this is very
> much of value. Any input is appreciated. I'd be especially interested if
> there's a BT peer that I can call using URLConnection, but it's not
> necessary.
>                    Joe

I dunno about #1, but Azureus is implemented in Java.  You can control it
via it's swing interface.  It also has a built-in tracker that you can
use.  It's open-source, though.  You can get that from sourceforge.

I don't know why closed-source product would be a requirement for you, but
even if you told me why I still wouldn't know of any closed-source BT
clients (not that there aren't any, I just don't keep track of them).