[bittorrent] Problems connecting with tracker

Brett Cooper bac15 at uakron.edu
Mon Mar 6 16:04:50 EST 2006

I am a new Bittorrent developer working with a team to make a
Bittorrent client.  I am at the point in the project where I am trying
to connect to a given torrent's tracker.  Here is an example of what I
send via HTTP to the tracker:
http://torrent.centos.org:6969/announce?info_hash=3d7f02fc1af6a7f9143a6991f6288d1d936b137d?peer_id=-BT1000-387261336287?port=6881?uploaded=0?downloaded=0?left=2147483709?event=started
But, instead of getting a peer list back, I get (depending on the
torrent):
d14:failure reason63:Requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker.e
or
d14:failure reason40:this tracker is for torrents on TPB onlye
I haven't gotten to the point yet of doing the handshake or other TCP
stuff yet, but was wondering if anyone has any idea why I keep getting
these error messages.  Thanks for the help.

    - Brett