[bittorrent] TCP question

2000 eflyer eflyer2000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 21:39:54 EDT 2006

 >Well: If peer B is unchoked it would make sense for B to request pieces
> from A even if they are not so-very-rare.

    But in fact,peer B select peer to download according to "rarest piece
first" strategy .Of course ,peer B should be unchoked by the selected peer
.If your statement is right ,we could conclude that peer B select  peer to
download according to "rarest piece first" or "TCP connection first"
,Namely,when peer B has a TCP connection with peer A ,it  request pieces
from A even if they are not so-very-rare.Otherwise,if peer B has not a TCP
connection with peer A ,it select peer to download according to "rarest
piece first" strategy, in this case ,peer  A maybe not be selected by B
because it maybe has not rarest piece for B.

>Someone should really write something like an RFC for BT...
  Maybe RFC for BT will be produced from our maillist. :)

Regards,
David