[bittorrent] Azureus DHT

Alan McGovern alan.mcgovern at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 15:54:59 EST 2006

With DHT, peer exchange is of very limited usefulness. Implementing mainline
DHT would probably be the best option as it is documented (not sure exactly
how well though ;) ) and it is supported by more than one client. Azureus
just supports azureus.

I did try to find details on azureus's peer exchange and DHT implementation
a while ago, but there was nothing documented. The other option is to read
azureus's source and implement it from there. But i really couldn't have
been bothered to do that myself.

Alan.