[bittorrent] Bug in BitTorrent 4.20.4.

Alan McGovern alan.mcgovern at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 08:47:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

You're right. I hadn't noticed the line saying "Keys must be strings and
appear in sorted order" before (took me a few reads to find it this time, i
was quite close to emailing back and asking you to quote the relevant
passage :p). Still, it would be nice if BitTorrent was able to give a useful
error message. The "error message" it gives is useless to both regular users
and developers, but that's neither here nor there.

Unfortunately i was the one who created the BEncoding section of our engine,
so the blame is all mine ;) Spent ages trying to hunt down the "bug".
Thankfully it's only a  1 line change to fix the problem.

Thanks,
Alan.