[bittorrent] Questions related to mainline DHT specs...

NewMedia42 newmedia42 at excite.com
Tue Aug 22 04:11:35 EDT 2006

Hey Patrick, I ran across one other things I thought I would see if you ran into either - over the course of running my DHT for several hours (let's say 5), I get about 60 or so announce_peer messages - now here's the weird thing, not a single one looks valid.  Either they have a token set with a length of 0 (obviously invalid), or with a length of 20 (correct), but the contents are nothing but 0's - have you seen that before?  I doublechecked, and I'm setting the token correctly in response to the get_peers, but it doesn't appear to be getting returned - any thoughts?

Also, I've had peers that disclose different node ID's - for instance, I get a response from a get_peers with an ID of 0x6A46... but when I ping it the response ID is 0xD916...  So there's no consistency in the node ID.

I'm also experimenting with not adding peers to the list that respond on a different ip/port than what the request was made on, since these seem to always be the million node ID machines.