[bittorrent] how a peer connect to other peer which is behind proxies.

FYP 2005 hkucsfyp2005 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 12:16:51 EDT 2006

i got it . thx ~

suppose peerA is configured not to proxy peer connections(only use proxy for
http connection)
the port that peerA's BT client listening on is 34343. and the port that
peerB 's BT client listening on is 56565.

(1) 34343 appeared on the peerlist of peerB and another port( which is not
56565 )appeared on the peerlist of peerA.
(2) a port (which is not 34343) appeared on the peerlist of peerB and  56565
appeared on the peerlist of peerA.
(3) 56565 appeared on on peer list of peer B and 34343 appeared on the
peerlist of peerA.(seldom happen)

I don't understand the case in (1) and (2) .
Since peerA is configured not to proxy peer connections. the ports appeared
on the peers list should be the ports that peerA and peerB listening on but
not some unknown ports.

Can anyone explain on that ?

thx.