[bittorrent] Introductory/endgame algorithms

Jari Sundell sundell.software at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:51:19 EDT 2005

On 9/28/05, Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Some of us have bandwidth enough to actually need more than 100 peers,
> > having written clients that regularly upload to hundreds of peers at
> speeds
> > up to 50MB/s. I never manage to saturate my bandwidth, and if the
> torrent
>
> Is that bit or byte?
> And just wondering, what kind of storage solution is being used that
> can handle that kind of (random) IO?

I used capital letters to emphasise that it was bytes. The machines used for
this have enough RAM to keep all the files in memory, though I'm not certain
what the storage solution used in that particular example is. Even so I need
to improve the handling for larger torrents by avoiding blocking due to IO
as much as possible.

--
Rakshasa

Nyaa?