[bittorrent] Introductory/endgame algorithms

Andreas Aardal Hanssen bittorrent at andreas.hanssen.name
Fri Sep 23 08:56:40 EDT 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Joris Guisson wrote:
>Currently downloading == we requested parts of the chunk
>Even if the other side isn't sending data, we're still "downloading" the
>chunk.
>Joris,

OK; I've seen quite often that I've got more inactive than active
downloads, so this approach may lead to 20 being the typical value picked.
So on a network with several fast peers, you may enter endgame mode a bit
early. Does this approach work well for KTorrent?

Andreas

--
Andreas Aardal Hanssen
http://www.andreas.hanssen.name/gpg2