[bittorrent] [Bittorrent] Peer Wire Protocol silly question...

CS FYP 2005 hkucsfyp2005 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 00:04:02 EDT 2005

i am implementing a small programme to communicate with other peers...
i just get to get the information of the peers instead of download or upload anything to them...
i think i can successfully send a handshake to the peer coz' my friend saw me in his peer list...
will that peer also send me back a handshake after that?
but i couldn't get any response from him...

in fact what should be the message looks like?
i mean for the other message in the peer wire protocol...
for example, if i want to know a peer's bitfield...
what will be the message i send him?

thanks a lot~