[bittorrent] client and seed from same private network

etienne deleflie et at lalila.net
Thu Oct 27 07:49:30 EDT 2005

All,

This is perhaps a stupid question, but I cant find a confirmation either
way.

- I make a torrent and use "http://bittorrent-support.com:2710/announce"
as the announce URL (see http://www.bittorrent-support.com/)
- I seed the file from computer A on my private home network (without
submitting any torrent to any website)
- I go to computer B (also on my private home network) and launch a
client on that same torrent

... nuttin happens... computer B never manages to get the file .... the
only message I get is "connecting to peers"

so my quetsions are:
a) is it expected that running a client on the same private network as
the seed will mean this wont work (I guess that both computers will have
the same external IP)
b) what other method can I use to test if my torrent is seeding properly?

any help is appreciated,
Etienne