[bittorrent] about choking algorithm

Anthony sailing.tomlan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 01:14:10 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I have got a question about the choking algorithm and optimistic
unchoke. My understanding is that each peer will normally unchoke 4
peers each time, and one more with optimistic unchoking mechanims. So
there will be at most 5 peers unchoked by a peer. Is that right? Since
choking will be held each 10 seconds, will a peer choose a peer among
the 5 unchoked peers or the 4 normal peers without the optimistic
unchoked one. Once it choke a peer, does it random choose a peer to
unchoke or choose a unchoked peer who is uploading to it now and may
be choked last iteration?

Thanks for your reading.