[bittorrent] about choking algorithm

Isa Bel ibek10 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 09:31:37 EST 2005

Dear all,
  I am new with the python things in this BitTorrent programming
  Now I have been learning about the choking algorithm
  Thanks to the paper that have been written by Arnaud Legout
  I understand more about the choking algorithm
  But I have some question about the coding in the choker.py especially in the function understanding
  From what I have learned,

  Operation definition:

  __init__: a constructor

  _round_robin: a function for scheduling the choking algorithm

  _rechoke: choking algorithm in leecher state

  _rechoke_seed: choking algorithm in seed state

  connection_made: used to add more connection in the list when a peer join the swarm

  connection_lost: when connection with a peer is lost then remove the  connection from the list after that call the _rechoke function if the  upload connection of a peer is interested and not choked

  interested: used when peer becomes interested and if not choked then call the _rechoke function

  not_interested: used when peer becomes not interested and if not choked then call the _rechoke function

  I am kind of confuse between the "interested" term and the flags

  Thanks for the reading and the answer