[bittorrent] modyfying announce URL in the binary torrent

etienne deleflie et at lalila.net
Fri Nov 11 14:47:26 EST 2005

All,

has anyone heard of a system where once a torrent is submitted to a web
site, it is copied and the announce URL is modified to point to
'localhost' so that a client on the same machine as the tracker can then
seed it?

Would it work if the seeder torrent is different (has dif anounce URL)
to torrent that users download and launch?

Is their a small utility out there that can modify the announce URL
(given that the torrent format is binary?)

Etienne