[bittorrent] New P2P protocols

Harold Feit - Depthstrike.com Administrator dwknight at depthstrike.com
Fri Mar 25 10:04:36 EST 2005

I am so in favour of multiple redundant trackers that I have been
running a network of them for over a year now (Using John's
multitracker spec).
I'll see about getting a specification document from Trevor Hogan
when the new link protocol comes out.

Trackerless operation will be quite difficult, but is possible. G2
Hub style system possibly, but data expires way too quick. I'd stick
to the redundant tracker system.

- ----
Multi-file is definetly broken in the current implementation, and I
still demand to know why people want to selectively download instead
of resuming, for the reasons Justin stated.